NOTES by John M. Doyle
of the devices (or techniques) that I resonated with
were familiar from previous labs. In particular:
- relating to the space itself, not the people or objects within it
- accessing vertical sources while jogging, especially the earth element and below
- the physical warm-up (especially mobilizing the spine, which I found new ways to do)
- No-form, which I now can relate to experiencing the core support and minimal effort around the internal "Rolf" line. What was also new here was moving from personal to "impersonal" no-form...like crossing a lake and then suddenly facing this unexpected and vast ocean, where all the unrecognized effort in "achieving" personal no-form dropped away...
- Prayer Circle (especially finding a vocal tone that expresses connection and disconnection with source)
Others devices were quite new for me, especially resonating tones and working with melody:
discovering/letting the melody simply arise, rather
than forcing/making it happen.
Finding the Silent Source helped me in this.
- resonating tones in upper/middle/lower chambers
lot of the lab has been a time of "experiential
anatomy" for me - exploring my spine...the contrast
between comparatively slow and supportive bones, faster,
more reactive/contractive muscles, and the superfast
web of nerves that mediates between them. I also found
a lot of "personality" differences between
the left and right sides of my body (like Father
and Son). Also how they are unified, especially across
the chest and through the heart.
I also appreciated selecting and repeating/refining
individual movements (as in the DREAMING
and then exploring the "integration zone"
where these movements merge...
BACK TO TECHNIQUES LAB REPORTS